Whether its baked feta pasta, dalgona coffee, or mini pancake cereal, chance are you’ve seen a TikTok food trend at least once. These trends tend to crop up out of nowehre, then are all you see for a short period of time, and then they disappear faster than they showed up. Hey, that’s the nature of the beast. Now that the year is coming to a close, TikTok has collected the data and let us know what the top 10 food trends of 2022 were. How many of these have you tried?
- Cloud Bread, 3.4 billion views
- Baked oats, 1.3 billion views
- Charcuterie boards, 1.2 billion views
- Pasta chips, 1.1 billion views
- Mug cake, 1 billion views
- Birria tacos, 922.2 million views
- Pink Sauce 599.8 million views
- Cinnamon rolls, 597 million views
- Nacho tables, 415.1 million views
- Butter boards, 358.4 million views
While many of these are trends that seem to come and go, some are tried and true classics, like cinnamon rolls and charcuterie boards, which are most likely going to be popular for years to come.
The butter boards are a trend that are a take on the classic charcuterie. These involved smearing butter on a cutting board and then sprucing it up any way you like. Some include flaky salt, spices, and vegetables, and others take a more sweet path with honey, cinnamon, and more.
TikTok is now a huge vehicle for food and drink and restaurant trends. Marketing agency MGH says that 35% of TikTok users have ordered takeout or gone to a restaurant after seeing it in a TikTok video. They also shared that about 45% of users said they would even go out of state to go to a restaurant they saw on TikTok.
What will 2023 food trends bring us?